A new museum opens this week: Vikingaliv22.04.2017
As the summer season is closing in, the good news keep coming! For example, we are only one week away from the opening of a new museum in Stockholm, Vikingaliv: A true adventure in the life of Vikings!
The new museum is going to be situated next to other wonderful Swedish museums right on the island of Djurgården at Djurgårdsvägen 48. Its very first open day will be on the 29th of April!
The innovative museum lets you live the real Viking Age right in nowadays Stockholm. You are going to experience it through the mesmerizing Viking Ride and the themed museum’s restaurant and shop. Be ready to hear stories and take part in an interactive museum which will offer life-long memories!
The main attraction, Ragnfrid’s saga, is going to be presented with audio in Chinese, English, Finnish, German, Russian and Swedish. The time recommended for a visit is 1-2 hours.
The museum will be open every day between 10.00 and 20.00. During the autumn, the opening times will be only between 10.00 and 17.00. On the 24th of May and 23rd of June the museum will be closing at 17.00.
For one adult ticket you will pay 190 SEK, children between 7 and 16 years old will need a ticket of 120 SEK, while children between 0 and 6 years old will get in for free. On spot you can pay only by card. The tickets can be bought even online at: http://event.webbiljett.se/vikingaliv/. The Restaurant Glöd and shop can be visited without a ticket.
Vikingaliv can be reached by taking the following means of transportation to Djurgården: tram 7, bus 67, the ferry from Slussen. Note that there are no parking places available.
For more information, you can visit the official website of the museum: www.vikingaliv.se/en.
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: Vikingaliv Djurgården – Facebook
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago