StockholmSubwaystoRy #74 – Extra: Practical stations (2)25.06.2017
Hello, hello! The #StockholmSubwaystoRy is back on track with a new list of practical station straight from Stockholm’s underground. The first part of this article was published here.
Here are some more stations you’ll most probably pass by while in Stockholm, even if you don’t plan it:
Medborgarplatsen. Maybe not the most impressive station in Stockholm’s subway network, Medborgarplatsen surely gives you access to one of the most impressive parts of the city – Södermalm. The square with the same name, above the station, is right in the middle of most creative part of Stockholm: artists, hipsters, bars and cafes. Check it out!
Slussen. Besides being a very popular meeting place for the locals, Slussen it’s also a major transport hub in the city. More than that, from here you can reach Katarinavhissen or Monteliusvägen, two of the places offering the best views in town.
Solna Centrum. Why would you come by here? Because, in your opinion, this is one of the most amazing stations in the city. Plus, this is the closest you can get by subway to the national stadium of Sweden (Friends Arena) and to the biggest mall in northern Europe (Mall of Scandinavia).
Stadion. Another fantastically decorated station in the subway system. A must-see for everyone visiting Stockholm. But you might pass by here for other reasons too. For example, getting off here you’ll get close to the Stockholm Olympic Stadium, which was part of the 1912 Summer Olympic Games!
Östermalmstorg. Similarly to Medborgarplatsen, this station will give you access to another impressive part of the Swedish capital. This time, we are talking about the posh Stockholm. Expensive stores and champagne bars are all around. Also, many museums close by. Östermalmstorg has also an important message – find it out in our text.
Do you like what you read? Then follow our updates on the project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog every Sunday for a new post regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Altstadtrundgang
- Stockholm Altstadtrundgang und Besuch im Königlichen Schloss
- Stockholm Tour mit Besuch im Schloss und Vasa-Museum
- ABBA The Museum und Stockholm Altstadt Tour
- Luxus und Glamour – mit der Limousine durch Stockholm
- Stockholm zu Land und Wasser (mit einem privaten Boot)
- Stockholm Panoramatour und Winterzauber in der Ice Bar
- Stockholm-Nynäshamn Landausflug
- Stockholm Highlights Tour mit Vasamuseum und Rathaus
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm und Altstadtrundgang
- Thiel Gallerie und Stockholm Panorama Rundfahrt
- Stockholm Stadtführung mit Sky View am Ericsson Globe