This 2,5h tour takes you around the most beautiful and historically significant sights of Stockholm’s Old Town and the walk is crowned by a guided visit in the Royal Palace.
The tour starts at Stortorget- Main Square, in the heart of Stockholm’s Old Town. Walking along the cobbled streets of Gamla stan, you will hear the tales and historic facts filled with Vikings, merchants, kings and queens, heroes and villains. These stories will come alive as we pass the main attractions of the Old Town such as The Coronation Church, the Nobel Museum, Finnish Church and Stockholm’s smallest statue, lovely Brända Tomten Square and and the narrowest alley- Mårten Trotzigs Gränd.
Leaving behind us the winding streets and picturesque squares we will conclude the Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace. It is not only the official residence of Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf, but also counts as one of Europe’s largest palaces. On our guided tour, we will visit the elegant rooms and historic halls and listen to stories of the royals from bygone days, as well as present times.
The tour ends after a guided visit in the Royal Palace. You may stay in the Royal Palace on your own or leave the Royal Palace with your guide.
- Walk Old Town’s cobbled streets
- Visit the Royal Palace on a private guided tour
- Experience history come alive
- Be a part of the stoRy!
Stortorget 2, Gamla Stan, Stockholm (On the stairs in front of the Nobel Museum)Ende der Tour
At the Royal Palace in Stockholm, SlottsbackenDauer
2,5 hoursIm Preis inbegriffen
- A guided 2,5h tour with a knowledgeable guide
- Entrance ticket to the Royal Palace
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel or cruise ship
- Gratuities to your guide (optional)
- Rucksacks and larger bags are not permitted in the interiors of the Royal Palace
- Toilets and luggage lockers (only for small hand luggage) are provided in the building next to the Royal Palace in the Tickets hall
- The Royal Palace may close to the visitors without any notice due to official events or for security reasons. In such case we will refund the Royal Palace tickets the guests who purchased this tour (adults SEK 160 pp, SEK 80 students and kids age 7-17 y.o. ). The guided visit in the Royal Palace may be replaced by a guided visit in the Coronation Church (entrance fee SEK 60 pp) or with a walk on Riddarholmen Island.
The Royal Guards Changing Ceremony takes place in the palace outer courtyard every day between 23rd April and 31 August.
It starts at 12.15 on weekdays and at 1.15 pm on Sundays.