Christmas in Stockholm for free!20.12.2017
Hello, dear followers! There are only a couple of days left now until Christmas and we think it’s a perfect moment for us to tell you a bit about the activities you can do in Stockholm this week. Have a look below!
As we are sure you already know by now, Stockholm is a fantastic Christmas destination. Enjoyed both by locals and by tourists, the Swedish capital does not disappoint when it comes to putting you in a holiday spirit! That is easily done from start; there is no way you can miss the Christmas lights all around the central part of the city!
Also, while in Stockholm, you have to go through the wonderful streets of the Old Town (Gamla Stan). Besides fiding here a special atmosphere in under December lights, you can visit the Christmas Market (Julmarknad) in the main square (Stortorget). Here you will find special Swedish food for the season or even beautifully handmade objects. The market is open daily from 11.00 to 18.00, until the 23rd of December!
Gamla Stan offers too a series of artistic acts depicted at the windows of various houses, the so-called The Living Christmas Calendar of the Old Town. You can find a more detailed program of the “shows” by clicking here.
Even if the snow is not settled in yet in Stockholm, you can enjoy some winter activity by going skating in Kungsträdgården. Centrally-located, maybe the most popular park in the city offers the chance to skate for free. The ice rink is opened daily from 9.00 to 21.00 and on weekends from 10.00 to 21.00. Note that you can even rent skates here, so why not give it a try?
Are these suggestion exciting enough for you to get hooked on the Swedish Christmas? Have a stroll around our amazing city and tell us what else have you discovered!
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Casco Antiguo de Estocolmo stoRy Tour™Tour guiado a pie en el casco antiguo de Estocolmo (2 horas. Público y privado)
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ con el Palacio Real y el Museo Vasa
- Estocolmo Esencial stoRy Tour™ con el Museo Vasa y el Ayuntamiento (max 16 pax)
- Estocolmo - Nynäshamn Excursión Shore (9,5 horas)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour private
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Estocolmo esencial y Herencia Judía stoRy Tour ™
- Estocolmo en Navidad stoRy Tour a pie™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago