Stockholm Film Festival 201712.11.2017
Hello, everyone! The cold weather is slowly settling in Sweden, but that does not mean this wonderful European capital is short of events in the coming period. For example, the 2017 edition of the Stockholm Film Festival is in full swing at the moment. Let’s have a look!
The first edition of the festival took place in 1990 and up to today hundreds of movies from all around the world were screened in Stockholm.
The winner of the main event is receiving Bronshästen (the Bronze Horse), quite an important trophy in the world of movies. Amongst the winners of this prize, we can mention Lars von Trier or Quentin Tarantino. Also, during the festival, the Stockholm Lifetime Achievement Award is given out. Some past winners are Francis Ford Coppola, David Lynch, Roman Polanski or Lauren Bacall.
The festival officially started on the 8th of November, but it will be ongoing until the 19th of this month. There is a large variety of movies, taking part in different sections of the festival. The tickets prices depend on the movie and the time of the day. Note that members get discounts. You can get a better overview of the schedule and tickets by clicking here.
Make sure to check out this fantastic event and share with us your impressions!
Photo: Stockholm Film Festival on FB
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Casco Antiguo de Estocolmo stoRy Tour™Tour guiado a pie en el casco antiguo de Estocolmo (2 horas. Público y privado)
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ con el Palacio Real y el Museo Vasa
- Estocolmo - Nynäshamn Excursión Shore (9,5 horas)
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Estocolmo esencial y Herencia Judía stoRy Tour ™
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago