StockholmSubwaystoRy #73 – Extra: Practical stations04.06.2017
Hello, everyone! Once again, a technical failure have put our saga one week behind. But do not worry! We are here and the stoRy continues. Today we have an extra article on the stations you’ll most likely see in Stockholm even without planning to!
Maybe you are short on time in the Swedish capital or maybe there are other things higher on your to-see list while in Stockholm, above the famous subway system. That does not mean you’ll miss to experience the Swedish subway. Here are the stations you’ll most probably pass by while in Stockholm:
Fruägen. IKEA Kungens Kurva is the second largest IKEA in the world. A trip here and to its restaurant should be something that you consider when you are visiting the Swedish capital. If you plan to do that by using the public transport, you’ll be visiting Fruängen.
Gamla Stan. Surely you will pass by this station while you are in the Old Town. Gamla Stan (the Old Town) makes it to everyone’s checklist while in Stockholm. Besides a place filled with tourists, this station is as well a meeting place for locals.
Hötorget. The Stockholm Concert Hall host the Nobel award ceremony every December. Underneath it there is the Hötorget subway station. Besides the famous blue building, in the area you’ll see the most popular market in town, bearing the same name, and the twin towers on Kungsgatan (Kungstorn).
Kungsträdgården. The park with the same name it’s one of the most popular places in the city. Both locals and travelers are gathering here to see live concerts, attend cultural events, try international food, see the cherry blossom or celebrate international events like the Eurovision Song Contest.
T-Centralen (1), (2). Clearly the most important transport hub in Stockholm and the most complex station in the city, T-Centralen will be one of the stations everyone will get to see while in the Swedish capital. Close to the Old Town, the commercial center, the City Hall and connected to the airports, you’ll surely be here.
Do you like what you read? Then follow our updates on the project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog every Sunday for a new post regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Casco Antiguo de Estocolmo stoRy Tour™Tour guiado a pie en el casco antiguo de Estocolmo
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ con el Palacio Real y el Museo Vasa
- Estocolmo Esencial stoRy Tour™ con el Museo Vasa y el Ayuntamiento
- Estocolmo - Nynäshamn Excursión Shore (9,5 horas)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Estocolmo stoRy Tour™ con vista aérea desde el Globo Ericsson