StockholmSubwaystoRy #43 – Bagarmossen23.10.2016
This Sunday, the StockholmSubwayStoRy continues the trip through Stockholm’s underground with Bagarmossen, a station situated in the south-eastern part of the city.
Bagarmossen is the second to last station on the southern end of green line number 17 in the subway network of Stockholm. Its name comes from the district in which is located, being the second station which bears this name.
Initially a station called Bagarmossen was the terminus for its line, but since 1994, with the extension to Skarpnäck, the new Bagarmossen took its place. The original station opened in November 1958 and used to be above the ground. While the current station was opened in August 1994 and sits 19 meters below the surface.
The new station is located in a different place than the original one, the name being the one which connects them. Nowadays, more than 6.500 people use the station on a regular day.
The artistic decorations of the new Bagarmossen are made by Gert Marcus. His work is represented here by playful luminescent lines along the tracks, which seem to be changing color, putting the whole dark cave into perspective.
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Casco Antiguo de Estocolmo stoRy Tour™Tour guiado a pie en el casco antiguo de Estocolmo
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ con el Palacio Real y el Museo Vasa
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Estocolmo Esencial stoRy Tour™ con el Museo Vasa y el Ayuntamiento
- Estocolmo - Nynäshamn Excursión Shore (9,5 horas)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Estocolmo stoRy Tour™ con vista aérea desde el Globo Ericsson