Have you seen the cherry blossoms?06.05.2017
The Swedish summer is not far from us now, but before it comes and takes full control of Stockholm’s scenery, there are still some rewards spring left us to enjoy in the central part of the city!
The mid-April brings every year beautiful colors in the wonderful Kungsträdgården park in the middle of the city. And before the temperatures go up even more, you can still enjoy the pink beauty!
A very popular meeting place, Kungsträdgården offers many joyful moments for the people of Stockholm and tourists alike. From the various festivals held here to the ice rink during the winter, the park has it all. But one of the most beautiful moments of the year in Kungsträdgården can be experienced in April and May.
The blossoming of the cherry flowers are the sign that the cold season is gone and that the Swedes shall get ready to welcome warmer temperatures. The 63 Sakura trees were planted in the autumn of 1998 and every spring since then they beautify the city center.
You can reach the park by taking the subway to Kungsträdgården subway station, or walking from T-Centralen or Gamla Stan stations. Also, one can also take the bus to Gustav Adolfs torg, Karl XII’s torg or Kungsträdgården bus stations. Finally, you can also arrive by tram to Kungsträdgården. Do not miss this visually stunning experience!
Text and photo: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View