Have you seen the cherry blossoms?06.05.2017
The Swedish summer is not far from us now, but before it comes and takes full control of Stockholm’s scenery, there are still some rewards spring left us to enjoy in the central part of the city!
The mid-April brings every year beautiful colors in the wonderful Kungsträdgården park in the middle of the city. And before the temperatures go up even more, you can still enjoy the pink beauty!
A very popular meeting place, Kungsträdgården offers many joyful moments for the people of Stockholm and tourists alike. From the various festivals held here to the ice rink during the winter, the park has it all. But one of the most beautiful moments of the year in Kungsträdgården can be experienced in April and May.
The blossoming of the cherry flowers are the sign that the cold season is gone and that the Swedes shall get ready to welcome warmer temperatures. The 63 Sakura trees were planted in the autumn of 1998 and every spring since then they beautify the city center.
You can reach the park by taking the subway to Kungsträdgården subway station, or walking from T-Centralen or Gamla Stan stations. Also, one can also take the bus to Gustav Adolfs torg, Karl XII’s torg or Kungsträdgården bus stations. Finally, you can also arrive by tram to Kungsträdgården. Do not miss this visually stunning experience!
Text and photo: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago