Stockholm Culture Night 2016 – 23 April23.04.2016
Stockholm Culture Night is an early event through which the city celebrates its cultural diversity. During the night you are offered hundreds of venues where you can listen to music, dance, see theater performances, join art exhibitions, attend workshops or visit museums. All for free! This year – 23 of April, 18.00 – 00.00.
In preparation for this event we offered you our suggestions for a great evening, by having daily posts on our Facebook page. If you haven’t seen our picks already, here is the complete list:
- Stockholms Amatörastronomer (STAR). Don’t miss the chance to see the stars up close through the telescope and learn about astronomy!
Address: Gamla Observatoriet, Drottninggatan 120
- Stockholm City Hall. The iconic building will be open between 18:00 and 00:00 and it will offer various activities during the evening. There will be guided tours, organ recitals and exhibitions. Also, you will have the unique chance to see the city from above in the City Hall’s tower.
Address: Hantverkargatan 1
- Stockholm Transport Museum (Spårvägsmuseet). The museum situated in Södermalm will give you the unique opportunity to travel through the city in buses used in the previous decades for the public transport. Also, within the museum, you are invited to see the exhibitions which are bringing to life the history of the public transport in Stockholm.
Address: Tegelviksgatan 22
- Nobel Museum. The museum will open its doors at 18.00 and the evening will be especially festive because 15 years of activity will be celebrated on this occasion. During the night, one can listen to stories about the Nobel Banquet and the life of Alfred Nobel. This will be also a night of live performances and a place for sharing ideas.
Address: Stortorget 2
- Skeppsholmsgården. The open evening on Skeppsholm gives you the chance to attend boat and craft workshops. There you will have the possibility to see how boats are made, with stoRies right from the experts of the field. An evening of mastery, a unique experience.
Address: Östra Brobänken
- The Royal Coin Cabinet (Kungliga Myntkabinettet). The Europe’s largest museum of economy invites you to an evening of creativity. There you will find games and challenges involving financial signs and symbols, going together with wine and good music. Also, 30 minutes guided tours of the museum will be offered every half hour from 18.00 to 00.00.
Address: Slottsbacken 6
- The Tessin Palace (Tessinska palaset). It represents the residence of the Governor of Stockholm County. The baroque house built in the 17th century is very rarely open to the public and during the Culture Night is one of the most popular attractions. On the 23rd of April, you will have the chance to walk through its splendid gardens or even take a guided tour of the house. Either way, be ready for a visually impressive evening! Note that tickets to the guided tours are given on spot at 18.00, so be there early.
Address: Slottsbacken 4.
- The Nordic Museum (Nordiska museet). One of the most impressive museums in the city invites you to a night filled with history, food and beer. By visiting the museum you will have a chance to talk with beer experts, home-brewers, and gardeners, as part of the “Enjoy a taste of hops” exhibition. Also, guided tours of the museum in English will be organized every half hour between 18:30 and 22:30.
Address: Hazeliusporten 2
- The Royal Stables (Hovstallet). Take the chance to see the carriages used by the Swedish Royal Family and pet the royal horses. The stables are open from 18.00 and you can see the horses until 22.00, when they need to go to sleep. The evening will be filled with live music also, performed especially for this occasion by the Swedish Mounted Band of the Royal Lifeguards.
Address: Väpnargatan 1
- SalsaAkademien invites you to an evening of dance! By visiting them on the 23rd of April you can try salsa, bachata and kizomba! There will be different sample classes every hour starting with 18.00 and everyone who wants to learn how to dance is welcome!
Address: Odengatan 89
- The German Church (Tyska kyrkan). Starting with 18.00 you are invited to a night filled with music from Bach, Buxtehude or Mozart performed by the students of the Royal College of Music.
Address: Svartmangatan 6
- The Medieval Museum (Medeltidsmuseet). There will be guided tours in English starting at 19:00, 20:30 and 22:00 and during the breaks the German musician Mattias Höhn will play for you on rare and unusual medieval instruments. Special food and drinks, inspired from the medieval times, will be available for buying at the museum’s specially designed taverna.
Address: Strömparterren, Norrbro
Of course, these are only some of the things you can put on your to-do list for this evening. But there are more than 400 events available. Take a look at all of them here. We hope to see you around town! Share your stoRy with us! #kulturnatt16 #stoRytouRs
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: Kulturnatt on Facebook.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View