Stockholm Film Festival 201712.11.2017
Hello, everyone! The cold weather is slowly settling in Sweden, but that does not mean this wonderful European capital is short of events in the coming period. For example, the 2017 edition of the Stockholm Film Festival is in full swing at the moment. Let’s have a look!
The first edition of the festival took place in 1990 and up to today hundreds of movies from all around the world were screened in Stockholm.
The winner of the main event is receiving Bronshästen (the Bronze Horse), quite an important trophy in the world of movies. Amongst the winners of this prize, we can mention Lars von Trier or Quentin Tarantino. Also, during the festival, the Stockholm Lifetime Achievement Award is given out. Some past winners are Francis Ford Coppola, David Lynch, Roman Polanski or Lauren Bacall.
The festival officially started on the 8th of November, but it will be ongoing until the 19th of this month. There is a large variety of movies, taking part in different sections of the festival. The tickets prices depend on the movie and the time of the day. Note that members get discounts. You can get a better overview of the schedule and tickets by clicking here.
Make sure to check out this fantastic event and share with us your impressions!
Photo: Stockholm Film Festival on FB
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour private
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago