StockholmSubwaystoRy #100 – Skärmarbrink27.05.2018
Hello, friends! And welcome to our 100th entry in the journey of Stockholm Subway StoRy. The 100th week in our project catches us having a look at Skärmarbrink, in the southern part of the Swedish capital. Join us!
Skärmarbrink is located on the green line (T17, T18) between Gullmarsplan and Hammarbyhöjden, respectively Blåsut. It opened in October 1950 and for almost eight years the station used to be called “Hammarby”.
If in the beginning was part of the original subway line in Stockholm, today is an important subway hub for the south-eastern part of the city, at almost three km away from Slussen.
Skärmarbrink has only one entrance, from a bridge suspended above the tracks. The entrance leads to the two large outside platforms, which are serving the two green lines passing by here. It’s also worth mentioning that next to the station there is a depot for the subway trains.
The artistic decorations in the station, namely the bronze statues on the platforms, were made by Carl Magnus in 1990. And these are admired on a daily basis by a bit more than 5.000 passengers that visit this station.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View