StockholmSubwaystoRy #48 – Hallunda27.11.2016
The last Sunday in November is here, so it’s our stoRy of Hallunda, a station situated at the south-western end of the T13 red line in the subway network of the Swedish capital.
Hallunda is the second to last station on its end of the line, Norsborg being the terminus of T13. Today’s station got its name from the district in which is located in, part of Botkyrka municipality in the Stockholm county. Its position makes it one of the westernmost stations in the Stockholm’s subway system.
The station was opened in January 1975 and it has a large platform and two tracks along it, one for each way. There is only one ticket hall at Hallunda, which can be accessed from two different entrances. One entrance it’s true the green bridge, depicted below, a symbol of the area.
The platform, which is outside, is situated at approximately 32 meters above sea level, giving the traveler an unique sight over the area. Every working day a bit more 3.500 people pass by Hallunda metro station.
The artistic decorations here were made by Kazuko Tamura and were installed in 1993. One can see the artist’s work just outside the ticket hall, before entering the station. A joyful view of poles with neon light on the roofs.
Keep up with our stoRy by following our blog every Sunday, here. Also, like the project’s Facebook page for more information regarding the Stockholm’s underground. Watch our social media profiles for a coming contest in December!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View