StockholmSubwaystoRy #51 – Vårby Gård18.12.2016
There are only two Sundays left in this year and today we are going to present you Vårby Gård, a lovely subway station, in the open, in the south-western part of the Swedish capital.
Vårby Gård is located in Vårby, Huddinge and it was opened in October 1972. Towards the southern end of the line Vårby Gård is followed by Masmo, while towards the northern end of its line comes Vårberg.
Today’s station is placed above the ground, having a large platform, two tracks along its sides and only one entrance. The red T13 line uses this station and almost 4.000 passengers are passing by here on a regular working day.
The artistic decorations were made by Rolf Begerström in 1999 under the name of Flora, represented by murals of exotic plants. According to the author, the large depictions of foreign plants aim to make the station more beautiful and to give it personality.
Keep up with our stoRy by following our blog every Sunday, here. Also, like the project’s Facebook page for more information regarding the Stockholm’s underground. Watch our social media profiles for a coming contest!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View