StockholmSubwaystoRy #52 – Vårberg25.12.2016
Happy holidays, everyone! On this wonderful day we are bringing you our last entry for this year in the Stockholm Subway stoRy. We are delighted to see your interest for this project and we’ll be back here on the 1st of January with a contest for our followers!
Now, let’s talk about Vårberg, a subway station located in the neighborhood with the same name, in the southern-western part of the Swedish capital. The station was opened in December 1967 and it serves the T13 red line in the subway network.
Vårberg is an outdoor station, situated between Skärholmen and Vårby Gård. It has only one entrance, which leads to a tunnel directly to the large platform surrounded by two tracks, one for each way. More than 6.000 people are using the station on a regular working day.
The artistic decorations here were made in 1996 by Maria Ängquist Klyvare. Her work on ceramic walls is called In our hands, showing hands of men, women and children.
Keep up with our stoRy by following our blog every Sunday, here. Also, like the project’s Facebook page for more information regarding the Stockholm’s underground. Watch our social media profiles for a coming contest!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View