StockholmSubwaystoRy #67 – Abrahamsberg09.04.2017
The time goes on and yet another Sunday is upon us. This means we are ready to present you Abrahamsberg, our 67th entry in the Stockholm Subway stoRy.
Today’s station is situated in the western part of Stockholm in a district with the same name. Abrahamsberg was opened in October 1952, but before this a tram line was passing nearby since 1944. This station is situated at 10 km away from Slussen.
Nowadays Abrahamsberg serves the T17 and T19 green lines in the Stockholm subway system. It’s an elevated station on an island platform and it has two tracks alongside it. The next station westbound is Brommaplan, while eastbound comes Stora mossen.
The artistic decorations here were designed by Rigmor Roxner in 1999. They consist of glazed tiles inspired by other tiles used in the stations made in the 1950s. The color used there in combination with the sunlight shows an effect which allows different variations of gray during a day. You can see them in the ticket hall and in the stairwells.
Do you like what you read? Then follow our updates on the project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog every Sunday for a new post regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View