StockholmSubwaystoRy #69 – Extra: SL and the art23.04.2017
We are past the Easter break now and just weeks away from the new summer season. This is where our StockholmSubwayStoRy continues with its 69th entry. This time, we are talking about a special stoRy. Let’s have a look:
First, do you know that you can take part in free guided tours of the subway system? Yes! There are free art walks in Swedish from September to May, but there are also guided walks in English during the summer. So do not miss your chance to take part in one. To join these wonderful walks, you just need a valid SL ticket.
During the summer, the tours are run weekly by SL, the authority taking care of the public transport in Stockholm. And once it’s released, you’ll be able to see their schedule for here.
Second, SL recently published the website called: slkonst.se. Even if at the moment the website is only in Swedish, here you are able to find out the latest news regarding the art in public transport in Stockholm, information about how the art is expanding in the new transport project, pictures to inspire you and, again, more information about the guided tours. Check it out!
Do you like what you read? Then follow our updates on the project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog every Sunday for a new post regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: SL, Åsa Sjöström, Mariatorget
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View