StockholmSubwaystoRy #69 – Extra: SL and the art23.04.2017
We are past the Easter break now and just weeks away from the new summer season. This is where our StockholmSubwayStoRy continues with its 69th entry. This time, we are talking about a special stoRy. Let’s have a look:
First, do you know that you can take part in free guided tours of the subway system? Yes! There are free art walks in Swedish from September to May, but there are also guided walks in English during the summer. So do not miss your chance to take part in one. To join these wonderful walks, you just need a valid SL ticket.
During the summer, the tours are run weekly by SL, the authority taking care of the public transport in Stockholm. And once it’s released, you’ll be able to see their schedule for here.
Second, SL recently published the website called: slkonst.se. Even if at the moment the website is only in Swedish, here you are able to find out the latest news regarding the art in public transport in Stockholm, information about how the art is expanding in the new transport project, pictures to inspire you and, again, more information about the guided tours. Check it out!
Do you like what you read? Then follow our updates on the project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog every Sunday for a new post regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: SL, Åsa Sjöström, Mariatorget
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago