StockholmSubwaystoRy #75 – Extra: Stockholm City Line09.07.2017
Hello, everyone! The Stockholm Subway StoRy is back again and this time we are presenting you one very special entry. Today we are going to talk about the new Stockholm City Line, which is going to open tomorrow. Yes! Tomorrow!
We talked here about the new Stockholm City Line last autumn. But now the big day is upon us and more information is available. We hope that you are as excited as we are about this!
The construction of the line started in January 2009 and after more than eight years of work, the project is finally open to the public. Even if the Stockholm City Line is not technically part of the subway system, we are addressing it because it will heavily influence the whole public transport system in the Swedish capital.
The Stockholm City Line will go underneath the central part of the city, connecting the southern and the northern part of the Swedish capital, making the traffic in the central part of the city less crowded. A detailed map of the new structure of Stockholm Central here. The project was developed by the Swedish Transport Administration, the City of Stockholm, the Stockholm County Council and the Stockholm Transport (SL)
The new train service it’s 6 km long, 7.4 km including connections, and with it two new stations came into the picture: Stockholm Odenplan and Stockholm City, both connected to the older subway stations T-Centralen and Odenplan. Want to be the first to use the new train? Be at Stockholm City station at 5.00!
Once the service it’s fully open to the public, we will get back to it and present you its unique artistic decorations. So, keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View