StockholmSubwaystoRy #86 – Sankt Eriksplan28.01.2018
Hello, everyone! We are back together with the Stockholm Subway StoRy. The first entry in 2018 comes directly from the green line. Let’s have a look at Sankt Eriksplan!
In the central part of the Swedish capital, in Vasastan, you can find Sankt Eriksplan, a public square that gives the name of the station we are presenting today.
Sankt Eriksplan was inaugurated in late October 1952 and nowadays it serves all the three green lines passing by in the Stockholm subway: T17, T18, and T19. Fridhemsplan is the station which comes westbound, while eastbound one will find Odenplan.
This station has three entrances and two ticket halls. About eight meters below ground there is one platform and two tracks alongside it. Sankt Eriksplan has its walls decorated with tiles, but there wasn’t a specific art project assigned to it so far.
More than 23.000 people pass by here on a regular day, making it one of the most popular stations in the city. If you are ever coming here, you’ll be within walking distance from Vasa park or the Karlberg castle. So, why not extend your exploration further?
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View