StockholmSubwaystoRy #88 – Hässelby gård11.02.2018
Good morning and welcome to yet another entry in our Stockholm Subway StoRy! For the second station of February, we are going again in the west. This time, we are looking at Hässelby gård.
The station is located in the western district with the same name, at about 18 km away from the central part of the city. Hässelby gård subway station was opened in October 1958, even if it was functional temporary for a month in 1956.
Nowadays the station serves the green line. Towards the west, it’s followed by the terminus station of the line: Hässelby Strand, while eastbound comes Johannelund.
The station here is an open-air one. Placed on a viaduct, it has one entrance, one large platform and two tracks alongside it. Despite being located in the suburbs and next to residential areas, it’s not one of the most popular stations in Stockholm, with a bit less than 6.000 people passing by on a regular day.
Hässelby gård went through a rebuilding process after 53 years since its opening day, in 2011. Together with a fresh look, artistic decorations made by Pia Törnell were installed here.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View