StockholmSubwaystoRy #90 – Vällingby25.02.2018
Good morning, dear followers! The last Sunday in February comes in Stockholm not only with yet another sunny winter day, but also with a new entry in our series. This time we are going to Vällingby. Let’s have a look!
Today’s situation is situated in the western Stockholm district with the same name. It was opened as a temporary station in October 1952. Later, when the large shopping mall Vällingby Centrum opened – the permanent station was also finished in April 1954.
Nowadays Vällingby is part of the T19 green line in the subway network. Westbound comes Johannelund, while eastbound it’s followed by Råcksta.
The station is rather an important transport hub in the area, having two large platforms and three tracks with more than 10.000 people using Vällingby subway station in a regular working day.
The decorations here were installed in 1983 and are part of the project called Art in the Stockholm metro. The artist who made the concrete trees in the station is Casimir Djuric.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View