StockholmSubwaystoRy #93 – Islandstorget18.03.2018
18th of March comes with a third story this month directly from the Stockholm subway. This time, we are taking you to…Iceland?
Islandstorget, or Iceland square in English, is today’s fresh entry in the Stockholm Subway StoRy with StoRy TouRs. The station is located in a western residential area called Södra Ängby.
Officially, it was opened on the 26th of October 1952. But before that, it was a tram station for line 11 since 1st of October 1944. Nowadays, it’s on the green T19 line in the subway network.
This station has only one entrance, from Blackebergsvägen. Otherwise, as you get in, you’ll discover an open-air station, with a large platform and two set of tracks alongside it. On a regular working day, about 4.000 people are using Islandstorget subway station.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View