StockholmSubwaystoRy #96 – Stora Mossen22.04.2018
Good evening, dear friends and welcome to another episode from our journey in the Stockholm subway! This weekend we are looking at the trip we took a while back to Stora Mossen, in the western part of Stockholm. Join us!
The station we are presenting today is situated in Ulvsunda, one of the districts in Västerort, the western part of the Swedish capital.
Stora Mossen was opened in October 1952, together with the whole new Hötorget – Vällingby line. Although, the tram service Ängbybanan used to pass by here already starting with 1944.
Nowadays, it serves the green T17 and T19 lines in the Stockholm subway. It’s followed by Alvik eastbound and Abrahamsberg westbound and is situated at about 9 km distance from the central station of Slussen.
The station itself, it’s an open-air one. It has only one entrance which leads to a large platform and the two tracks along side it. The artistic decorations that one can find here were made by Marianna Zaborska in 2002.
Stora Mossen is placed in a residential area, therefore there are a lot of houses and blocks around the station. Even so, it’s not one of the busiest stations in the public transport system, having only about 2.500 people passing by here on a regular day. But nevertheless, we believe it’s worth a visit!
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View