StockholmSubwaystoRy #97 – Kristineberg29.04.2018
Hello everyone and welcome back to our subway StoRy! In the last entry of this month we are going to show you Kristineberg, a station which we have visited a while ago, when there was still snow on the ground. Have a look!
Kristineberg is the name of one area within Kungsholmen, one of the islands that make up the Swedish capital. So this is where Kristineberg subway station is getting its name from.
The station was opened in October 1952. Today it serves the green lines T17, T18 and T19 in the subway system. Eastbound it’s followed by Alvik, while westbound comes Thorildsplan.
The station itself is composed of just one entrance hall, an open-air platform and two tracks alongside it. Just outside the station, there is the 275 motorway with it’s impressive bridge between Alvik and Kristineberg.
Outside, on the platform, there is a bronze sculpture created by Carina Wallert and installed 1991. Her work represents travelling with animals, depicting a man with his dog. More than 6.000 people use the station on a regular week day. Some come together with their pets.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View