StockholmSubwaystoRy #23 – Akalla05.06.2016
Akalla is one of the end stations of the T11 blue line in the Stockholm subway system. The station is situated in the neighborhood with the same name and it was built in 1977.
The station’s cave with yellow walls is around 20 meters underground. Besides its unique color, Akalla is designed with stoneware pictures realized by Birgit Ståhl-Nyberg.
Each of the six pictures has a specific themes, approaching the developing ideal images of men and women, the daily chores done by men and women and finally the two sexes working together.
Akalla has a special atmosphere given by its color and the powerful pictures of Ståhl-Nyberg, making the traveler wonder of the social norms.
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View