StockholmSubwaystoRy #38 – Bandhagen18.09.2016
Bandhagen is providing today’s stoRy from the Stockholm’s underground. The 38th station in our series is located in the southern part of the city and serves the green line in the subway system. Bandhagen was opened in November 1954.
The station has one platform and two tracks alongside it. Almost 3.000 people use Bandhagen on a regular weekday. From the northern side, just before entering the station, the trains are passing on a viaduct, which raises above Trollesundsvägen.
The artistic decorations are made by the danish artist Freddy Fraek. The big rock in the middle of the platform was brought from Öland in 1983. Around it Fraek installed a huge ruler, which gives the illusion of moving through the station all the way to the entrance. The ruler is made of wood and it was originally painted yellow. Later, in 1987 it was covered with a copper sheet.
Do you enjoy our stoRies from the Swedish underground? Follow our blog for a new entry every Sunday. Or like the Stockholm Subway stoRy’s Facebook page here.
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View