StockholmSubwaystoRy #19 – Bergshamra08.05.2016
Bergshamra subway station opened in 1978 and it is located on the red line in Stockholm’s subway system in Solna Municipality. The artistic theme of this station is called Voices from the Past.
The artists who designed the station – Göran Dahl, Carl Johan De Geer and Kristina Anshelm – used various techniques, words and pictures to express the passing of the time. At 20 meters below the ground, this is a stoRy of evolution on Earth, from 300 million years ago to the present day.
In Bergshamra, you will find references to evolutionism or representations of known runic inscriptions from Gotland and Östergötland. There are also glimpses of Russian culture through the train of culture from the 1920s or of German culture through Goethe’s color wheel.
The station invites the traveler to knowledge and it offers a unique visual experience. We believe that it’s a place worth checking when you are in town. Check out here our previous stoRies in the Stockholm Subway stoRy and discover the intriguing art of the Swedish subway!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View