StockholmSubwaystoRy #7 – Danderyds Sjukhus14.02.2016
Danderyds sjukhus is a subway station in the Stockholm’s subway system, placed between Mörby Centrum and Bergshamra at one end of the red line. It got its name from the hospital it serves, the Danderyd hospital (sv: sjukhus).
The station was opened in 1978 and it is an important public transport hub, connecting the subway system to the bus terminal, while being close to the Mörby train station.
The artistic decorations alongside the tracks have changed over time. Nevertheless, Hertha Hillfon‘s work is still there. She decorated the walls, floors and pillars in the passageway leading to the hospital with scratches of healing herbs and other ancient medicines.
At the other exit of the station there is another original piece of work, a mural by Pierre Olofsson, called The Tree of Life. It was completed later on in 1992 by Duo, a sculpture in the newly-built bus terminal.
Photos and text: I.P. @ stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View