StockholmSubwaystoRy #30 – Kista24.07.2016
Kista is our 30th entry in the Stockholm Subway stoRy! The station is located in the district with the same name and it was opened in the summer of 1977.
The station serves the blue line in the subway network in Stockholm. The blue line, T11, connects the central part of the city – Kungsträdgården, to the north-western part of the Swedish capital, with Kista being almost at the northern end of the line. More than 17.000 passengers are passing by Kista metro station on a normal day.
Here you’ll get an impressive view of the area, the station being constructed above the ground, at the end of a viaduct, which is 1120 meters long, being the longest of its type in the whole subway system. Besides this, Kista has an important bus terminal nearby. Here, together with one of the most important shopping malls in the city – Kista Galleria, are many office buildings.
The artwork here was designed by Lars Erik Falk. He put in place a 16-meter sculpture which stars below the subway station, in the bus terminal, and goes all they way up. The aluminum lines have an inclination of 73 degrees.
The artwork breaks the view one gets above the area. The sculpture it’s painted in blue and green, on one side, and red and orange on another. So depending on your way, you are welcomed by different colors in Kista.
Check out here our previous entries in the Stockholm Subway stoRy and visit our blog every Sunday for a fresh entry from the Swedish underground!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View