StockholmSubwaystoRy #12 – Näckrosen20.03.2016
Let’s continue our StockholmSubwaystoRy! Today we have Näckrosen, a station in the Stockholm subway system situated in the northern part of the city, in both Solna and Sundbyberg municipalities.
The station was opened in 1975 and its name in Swedish means the waterlily. One of the Stockholm metro’s blue lines is using Näckrosen, which is visited daily by about 4.000 people.
The design created by Lizzie Olsson Arle here is represented by a mix of stones, film props, poems, tiles and photos. Glazed bricks from Stindberg’s house in Karlaplan are used here too!
A large film studio used to be above the station. One can find many references to that in the artwork here. It was even proposed that the station should be called: Filmstaden or the Film Town.
Take a look at The Stockholm Subway stoRy article to get more information on the Stockholm’s subway system and to see the stations we have presented so far!
Photos and text: I.P. @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View