StockholmSubwaystoRy #31 – Solna Centrum31.07.2016
Here we are at the end of July with Solna Centrum, this month’s last entry in Stockholm Subway StoRy. The station is situated in Solna Municipality, it serves the blue line in the subway system and it’s definitely one of our favorites.
The subway station Solna Centrum was opened in the autumn of 1975, being placed then close by Sweden’s most important stadium – Råsunda. In the mean time the stadium was demolished, making space to a new modern city in the district – Friends Arena.
The artistic decorations here were made by Karl-Olov Björk and Anders Åberg, who through their work made a point of presenting part of Swedish society and its struggles in the 1970s. Everything is drawn on a background of dark red and green, giving the passenger an unique feeling while inside the cave.
The Solna Centrum station also represents the deepest subway station in the whole city, being located at 16.5 meters under the sea level. Here, the only platform of the station is visited by more than 10.000 on a regular day.
To follow our previous entries in Stockholm Subway stoRy, click here. And visit our blog every Sunday for a fresh entry from the Swedish underground!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View