StockholmSubwaystoRy #1 – Stadion03.01.2016
Learn with us about the art and landscapes proposed by the unique subway stations of Stockholm. Today we invite you to discover one of the most popular stations around the town, namely – Stadion.
Stadion, opened in 1973, was one of the first subway stations administrated by the Stockholm Transport Art Advisory Council, which was founded in 1972. The station is located in Östermalm neighborhood, on the red line in the Stockholm metro system.
Enno Hallek and Åke Pallrap were the artists who designed Stadion. At one of the exits you can find two big colorful letters. M and S. The first one stands for Musikhögskolan (the Collage of Music) and the other for Stadion (the near-by sports complex). Both point out to the exits which lets the traveler reach the mentioned points. Also here, there is a poster for 1912 Olympic Games (hosted in Stockholm) designed by Olle Hjortzberg.
On the other end of the station one can find a wooden bench and on its background a flowery painting did by Hallek and Pallrap. Also, two other wooden signs point out to the subway’s exit.
Finally, maybe one of the most popular scenes in the Stockholm subway system can be seen at the middle of the station, where the rocky ceiling unfolds a rainbow from one track to the other. The general light blue color of the station together with the wooden signs, flowery motifs and the bright rainbow makes Stadion one of the most popular and lively stations in Stockholm, despite being fully underground.
Photos: stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View