StockholmSubwaystoRy #13 – Universitetet27.03.2016
Universitetet, or the University, is a subway station within Stockholm, placed near the Stockholm University, in Frescati. The station was opened in 1975 and it severs the red line.
In a typical day the station is used by about 10.000 people, most of them students or visitors of the nearby Swedish Museum of Natural History or of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
With the expansion of the campus, the station was redecorated in 1997. So now the walls picture the UN Declaration of Universal Human Rights, together with stories of the travels made by Carl von Linné around the Baltic region. The artist in charge was Françoise Schein and David Helldén was the architect.
The work by Schein is called Carl von Linné or the art of looking and this project is part of a bigger network of works of art present in other European cities.
Universitetet is one of the most popular subway station in Stockholm for both the locals and the tourists. Follow our Stockholm Subway stoRy here and check our blog every Sunday for new entries.
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View