The Christmas lights of Stockholm – #Stockholmsjul20.11.2017
It’s that time of the year again! The time that Stockholm puts on its most beautiful decorations and shows itself to the world. Let’s see what to expect from this year’s #Stockholmsjul!
This week is your chance to already get into the holiday spirit, absolutely for free. How can you do that? By attending the ceremony which will lead to the turning on of the Christmas lights in the Swedish capital.
The event will take place on Saturday, the 25th of November, at 15.00 in Brunkebergstorg, near Sergels Torg. At the inauguration, there will be singers and other surprises in a guaranteed holiday atmosphere. Also, you will also get the chance to find out more about the streets which will be decorated. Want a head start? Have a look here at the map showing the chosen places.
About one million LED lights will be used this year, on more than 40 streets and squares in Stockholm. There are going to be even more streets and lights decorated this time comparing to the previous years. Check out this video, to see some of the decorated streets from last year.
#Stockholmsjul is the project jointly run by the City of Stockholm, City i Samverkan and the real estate owners in Stockholm City. Even more information is available here (sv).
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour private
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago