The City Bikes are back in April!10.03.2017
Last year in July, we wrote about how you can rent a bike in Stockholm in the full swing of the summer season. Now, that the summer is slowly getting closer, we get back to you on this subject with valuable information before the season starts.
The CityBikes are getting back on Stockholm’s streets in less than a month, on the 1st of April. You simply have to see the magnificent views offered by the Swedish capital while biking. As said, you’ll soon be able to do that and the season for bike renting will be going on until the 31st of October.
The Stockholm City Bikes, as it’s its full name, is a joint public-private program which lets you to rent bikes from various bike stands across the city. Last year, there was a 25% increase in the number of rented bikes, comparing to 2015, reaching almost 660.000 rented bikes! Isn’t that impressive?
There are two types of tickets: You can get a season ticket which will come up to 250 SEK (bought online) or 300 SEK bought from the partners. Or you can get a 3-day card, which costs 165 SEK and can be bought only from the retailers. You don’t have to throw away your card after the season since you can use it next season too!
The main retailers selling both types of City Bikes cards are: 7-Eleven, Pressbyrån and SL Center (Stockholms Central, Sergels Torg, Gullmarsplan, Tekniska Högskolan, Fridhemplan). For the full list of retailers, click here. Also, here you have a map with all the bike stands in the city.
The City Bikes can be rented and returned at any of the bike stands around Stockholm. Even so, you have to pay attention that the bike can be rented for a maximum of three hours, if you do not return it in time, you will get a penalty point on your card. In the season, the bike stands are operation Monday to Sunday between 06.00 am and 10.00 pm. Nevertheless, The bikes can be returned until 01.00 am.
Now you know everything you need to know about this subject, so you can join this popular trend in Stockholm! Share with us your stoRies. #beapartofthestory
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: Stockholm City Bikes
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago