Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour with Jewish Heritage™ gives you a perfect combination of Stockholm sightseeing plus a focus on Sweden’s Jewish heritage in only five hours. It includes guided visits to the City Hall and the Great Synagogue.The driving part of the tour takes us along major attractions, such as the Concert Hall, the Royal Opera House, the Swedish Parliament, the popular Kungsträdgården park, the Strandvägen boulevard and the island of Djurgården.
The City Hall is the venue for the glamorous Nobel Banquet, held here each year on 10th December after the Nobel Prize awards ceremony in the Concert Hall. On our guided visit, we will visit the various halls and hear about the history, including some anecdotes about the Nobel Banquet. Before we leave, you will have time to take some memorable pictures of the island of Södermalm with its steep cliffs, the island of Riddarholmen and Lake Mälaren.
During our visit to the Great Synagogue on Wahrendorffsgatan, the synagogue’s own guide will tell you about the history of Judaism in Sweden and about the present-day life of the country’s Jewish community. You will also have time to view the Holocaust Monument, commemorating 8,500 victims of the Holocaust whose relatives live in Sweden, as well as see Raoul Wallenberg Square.
Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour with Jewish Heritage™ concludes with a guided walk through the cobbled streets of Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s Old Town. We will pass the site of the very first synagogue on our way and see sights such as the Royal Palace, Stockholm Cathedral, the main square, the city’s smallest statue, a Viking rune stone and the city’s narrowest alley.
Before we head back to the port or to your hotel, there will also be some free time (about 30 minutes) for souvenir shopping.See more tours
- Discover Stockholm’s major attractions by vehicle and on foot
- Visit Great Synagogue, Holocaust Memorial and Raoul Wallenberg’s Square
- Listen to life stories of Aron Issac, Joseph Frank, Jerzy Eichhorn and mm
- Walk the cobbled streets of Stockholm’s Old Town
- Be a part of the stoRy!
in the port or at your hotel within the cityTour ends
in the port or at your hotel within the cityDuration
- English-speaking guide for five hours
- transportation in a private vehicle
- a guided tour and entrance ticket to the City Hall
- a guided visit in the Great Synagogue with the site’s own guide,
- Be a part of the stoRy!
- entrance ticket to the Synagogue: approx.USD 20- payable in cash at the synagogue
- entrance ticket to the Jewish Museum ( in case a visit is required)
- gratuities to guide and driver ( optional).
For the tour price, please contact us at email@example.com or via our contact form with the number of guests and the date of the required tour.Additional info
Upon request, we can include in the tour visit Scandinavia’s only Jewish Museum to make the picture of Swedish Jewish heritage complete.