Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
When the night and winter darkness take over, come and join the… Stockholm Christmas stoRy Tour™! Experience an enchanting walk through Stockholm’s Old Town.
Under lantern light, you will hear about the history of Stockholm, see the sights of interest, and get to know about Swedish Christmas traditions and culinary delights. You will learn about what the Vikings were celebrating at this time of the year, why a straw goat is a typical Christmas symbol, and why Protestant Swedes celebrate an Italian saint on 13th December.
We will start the tour close to the Old Town Market Square with its charming Christmas Market, walking along the winding alleys we will pass by the Royal Palace, Stockholm Cathedral the German Church to reach the narrowest alley – Mårten Trotzigs Gränd.
Halfway through the tour we will stop at one of the Old Town’s historical cafés for a cup of glögg – Swedish mulled wine – served with pepparkakor (gingerbread). Once we have warmed up and with new energy, we will continue across charming squares and streets to learn more about the Swedish traditions. When the tour is over, we hope the Stockholm Christmas stoRy™ will live long in your memory!
Please note that pre-booking at least 24 h prior to the tour is REQUIRED!
See more tours
- Enjoy a festive evening walk by lantern light
- Learn about Swedish Christmas traditions
- Taste some Swedish Christmas goodies
- Dive into the Advent atmosphere
- See Stockholm’s historic sights
- Be a part of the stoRy!
Stockholm Tour Point – Köpmangatan 10, Gamla stan, 111 31 Stockholm (2 min. away from Stortorget)Show on map Tour ends
Stockholm Tour Point – Köpmangatan 10, Gamla stan, 111 31 Stockholm (2 min. away from Stortorget)Duration
- a 2 h guided tour with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide
- a serving of glögg and pepparkakor in one of the historical cafes
Inside visits in any museum, church or any other tourist attraction.Price
- Adults: SEK 295
- Students: SEK 250
- Children under 18: SEK 225
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour private
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago