The Stockholm Shore Excursion from Nynäshamn is a full-day tour for cruise guests arriving at the port of Nynäshamn. On this tour you will visit the famous Vasa Museum and the City Hall, take a walk in the Old Town with plenty of free time .
The Stockholm Shore Excursion from Nynäshamn starts in the port of Nynäshamn, where we will be waiting for you at the pier with the sign stoRy touRs. Upon you arrival in Stockholm, after a bus ride for 45-55 minutes, you will meet your guide, who will take you for a day full of wonderful discoveries in Stockholm, one of world’s most beautiful cities.
A guided visit in the Vasa Museum, topping lists of the best museums in the world, will surely be one of the unforgettable impressions of your day in Stockholm. The 17th century Vasa warship was built in Stockholm in 1628 and it sank on its maiden voyage. After 333 years on the seabed she was finally salvaged. You will be amazed upon entering the museum and hearing her the stunning and dramatic stoRy of Vasa.
Stockholm City Hall, Stadshuset attracts tourists with its monumental architecture and richly decorated interiors. It is home to the City Council of Stockholm and venue of many official events. The Nobel Banquet is being held here every year on the 10th December. You will learn more about it when walking through the Blue Hall and the Golden Hall.
On our short bus ride from the City Hall to the Old Town you will see the waterfront of the Lake Mälaren, The Parliament Riksdag, the Royal Opera, some of Stockholm’s bridges and much more.
Gamla Stan is Stockholm’s Old Town. Here in the city’s historical centre we will take a guided walk through the cobblestone streets, passing by sights of interest such as the Royal Palace, the Coronation Church, the Market Square with the Nobel Museum and many more. Once you get introduced to the Old Town, you will be happy to discover more of this charming place on your own in your free time (3 hours).
When you free time is over, you will be ready to get on the bus taking you back to the port of Nynäshamn.
Itinerary of the tour:
07.45 – meet us in the port of Nynäshamn
08.00 -08.50 – drive to Stockholm in your private mini- bus
08.50 – meet your guide in Stockholm
09.00 -10:00 – a guided visit to the Vasa Museum
10.30 – 11.30 – a guided visit in the City Hall
11.50- 13.00 – a guided walk in the Old Town- at the end of the walk your guide will say good bye to you.
13.00 -16.00 – free time to your own disposal
16.00 -16.50 – transfer by bus to Nynäshamn
- Discover Stockholm’s highlights
- Explore the dramatic stoRy of the Vasa warship at the Vasa Museum
- Take in the atmosphere of the City Hall, the venue for the annual Nobel Banquet
- Walk the cobbled streets of Stockholm’s Old Town and take in its atmosphere
In the port of NynäshammTour ends
In the port of NynäshammDuration
- Private mini bus from 08.00- 17.00
- Private guide from 09.00- 13.00
- Entrance tickets to the Vasa Museum
- Entrance tickets to the City Hall
- Gratuities to your guide and driver (optional)
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View