Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum is a half-day tour which combines three Stockholm highlights: a guided walk in the Old Town, a guided visit to the Royal Palace, and a guided visit to the Vasa Museum.
Walking along the cobbled streets of Gamla stan, you will hear the tales and historic facts filled with Vikings, merchants, kings and queens, heroes and villains. These stories will come alive as we pass the main attractions of the Old Town such as the Market Square, the Nobel Museum, Stockholm’s smallest statue and the narrowest alley.
After the walking tour of Gamla stan, we will visit the Royal Palace, the official residence of Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf. On our guided tour, we will visit the elegant rooms and historic halls and listen to stories of the royals from bygone days, as well as present times.
On our short walk to the public ferry, we will enjoy the maritime character of Stockholm with its waters, bridges and islands. The 15 minute ride to the island of Djurgården will offer amazing views of the Old Town’s silhouettes and the high cliffs of Södermalm.
After arriving on the island of Djurgården, we will visit the Vasa Museum, one of the world’s top 10 museums in 2015. Upon our guided visit you will hear the dramatic stoRy of the Vasa warship from the 17th century that sank on its maiden voyage in the port of Stockholm and was salvaged 333 years later to be a living legend attracting over 1 million visitors each year from all over the world.
After the tour, you can extend your visit to the Vasa Museum and watch the 17 minute Vasa film, visit the nearby ABBA Museum or head back to the city centre.
See more tours
- Discover the history of Stockholm and the Old Town
- A guided tour of the Royal Palace
- The world-class Vasa Museum
- Be a part of the stoRy!
Stortorget 2, Gamla Stan, Stockholm (On the stairs in front of the Nobel Museum)Tour ends
- Guide service for 4 hours
- A guided walk in Gamla stan, Stockholm’s Old Town
- A guided visit of the Royal Palace
- A guided visit of the Vasa Museum
- Entrance tickets to the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum.
- One-way ticket for the public ferry from the Old Town to the island of Djurgården.
We reserve the right to cancel the visit to the Royal Palace if it is closed to the public at short notice. However, this will not shorten the length of the tour and we will try to replace the visit to the Royal Palace with a guided tour of the Coronation Church provided this is open to the public.
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View