Winter sports within Stockholm in January06.01.2016
Christmas and the New Years’s Eve are behind us now. But that does not necessary mean that the holiday time is over. If you are in Stockholm in the beginning of the year, there are still a lot of activities to do. Let’s talk about winter sports today. The swedes surely love them!
First, if you are into ice skating or you have as a resolution this year to try new things, you should definitely check out the ice rinks in Vasaparken and Kungsträdgården. Both are quite popular this time of the year. Vasaparken is a well-maintained rink opened on weekdays from 8.00 to 21.00 and on weekend from 10.00 to 21.00. Kungsträdgården ice rink is more central and offers you the possibility to rent skates too. Is opened on weekdays from 9.00 to 21.00 and on weekends from 10.00 to 21.00.
Looking for a day on the slopes? You don’t have to leave the city! Hammarbybacken is very popular among the locals and is offering everything you would expect from a sky resort. You can ski here starting with the 9th of January. For more information and prices, check the official website. Similarly, there is Flottsbro ski resort. Also reachable with the public transport. More information is available on their official website.
Whatever winter activity you choose for the first weeks of 2016 we hope that you enjoy your time in Stockholm and being part of its stoRy!
Photo source: Barnsajten.se
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View