Enjoying Stockholm for free in February20.02.2017
Wishfully thinking we believe that the cold winter days are behind us now. Nevertheless, the spring weather is not quite here yet. This does not make us love our city any less! Each time of the year brings out another fantastic part of Stockholm. So let’s dig into some great things you can do for free in Stockholm during February!
Wonderful music for free? Here is some information about concerts in Stockholm churches that you can enjoy during the rest of February.
23/02, 12:15-13:00 St. Jacob’s Church: Lunch music, Piano concert
24/02, 12:00-13:00 Klara Church: Lunch music
25/02, 13:00-14:00 Stockholm Cathedral: Organ concert
25/02, 15.00-16:00 St. Jacob’s Church: Organ concert
25/02, 18.00-19.00 Klara Church: Organ concert
How about some museum visits? There are many museums in Stockholm which have free entrance nowadays, but here are a couple of them we think you should visit this time of the year: The Nordic Museum (Wednesdays, 17.00-20.00), The Royal Armory (Tuesday to Sunday, 11.00 – 17.00, Thursday until 20.00), The Royal Coin Cabinet (Daily, 11.00-17.00) or The Swedish History Museum (Tuesday to Sunday, 11.00-17.00, Wednesdays until 20.00)
Walks in the parks. During lunch hours maybe it’s worth talking a walk around the wonderful parks of the city. If this options sounds great for you, then you should really check out: Hagaparken, Rålambshovsparken or the whole island of Djurgården! Pro tip: Visit Skogskyrkogården. The famous cemetery is one of the World Heritage objectives in Stockholm.
While we are here, you can have a look at our best views in Stockholm list. All of them are accessible for free! Check it out here.
Finally, why not take your own tour of the Stockholm Subway, the longest art gallery in the world? Take our Stockholm Subway StoRy as your personal guide for the best stations to see while in Stockholm. Link here.
Photo: Arne Hyckenberg / Svenska Kyrka
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago