StockholmSubwaystoRy #100 – Skärmarbrink27.05.2018
Hello, friends! And welcome to our 100th entry in the journey of Stockholm Subway StoRy. The 100th week in our project catches us having a look at Skärmarbrink, in the southern part of the Swedish capital. Join us!
Skärmarbrink is located on the green line (T17, T18) between Gullmarsplan and Hammarbyhöjden, respectively Blåsut. It opened in October 1950 and for almost eight years the station used to be called “Hammarby”.
If in the beginning was part of the original subway line in Stockholm, today is an important subway hub for the south-eastern part of the city, at almost three km away from Slussen.
Skärmarbrink has only one entrance, from a bridge suspended above the tracks. The entrance leads to the two large outside platforms, which are serving the two green lines passing by here. It’s also worth mentioning that next to the station there is a depot for the subway trains.
The artistic decorations in the station, namely the bronze statues on the platforms, were made by Carl Magnus in 1990. And these are admired on a daily basis by a bit more than 5.000 passengers that visit this station.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Casco Antiguo de Estocolmo stoRy Tour™Tour guiado a pie en el casco antiguo de Estocolmo
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ con el Palacio Real y el Museo Vasa
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Estocolmo Esencial stoRy Tour™ con el Museo Vasa y el Ayuntamiento
- Estocolmo - Nynäshamn Excursión Shore (9,5 horas)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Estocolmo stoRy Tour™ con vista aérea desde el Globo Ericsson