Renting a bike in Stockholm30.07.2016
The summer is in full swing in the Swedish capital. Why not make the most out of it? One of the best way to experience Stockholm in the summer is to rent a bike and go exploring the cool neighborhoods on your own.
This being considered, here is the easiest way you can get your hands on a bike for your visit in Stockholm. There is the community bicycle program called Stockholm City Bikes. The project represents a joint public and private partnership.
The City Bikes can be rented for three hours everyday from 1st of April to 31st of October between 06.00 and 22.00 (with returning until 01.00). And you have two options. You can get a season ticket which will come up to 250 SEK (bought online) or 300 SEK bought from the partners. Or you can get a 3-day card, which costs 165 SEK and can be bought only from the retailers.
The main retailers selling both types of City Bikes cards are: 7-Eleven, Pressbyrån and SL Center (Stockholms Central, Sergels Torg, Gullmarsplan, Tekniska Högskolan, Fridhemplan). For the full list of retailers, click here. Also, here you have a map with all the bike stands in the city.
The City Bikes can be rented and returned at any of the bike stands around Stockholm. Even so, you have to pay attention that the bike can be rented for a maximum of three hours, if you do not return it in time, you will get a penalty point on your card.
So go for it! Enjoy Stockholm on a bike, especially in the summertime!
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: The City of Stockholm.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View