StockholmSubwaystoRy #46 – Mälarhöjden13.11.2016
The second entry in November for the Stockholm Subway StoRy comes from the southern Stockholm. This week we are presenting to you Mälarhöjden.
This station is situated in the district with the same name and it serves the red line 13 in the subway system. Its neighboring stations are Bredäng, towards the southern end and Axelsberg towards the northern end.
The station with only one entrance is located at circa 33 meters underground and nowadays is frequented by a bit more than 2.500 people on a working day.
Mälarhöjden was opened in May 1965. It features one platform which is split in two parts by a wall through its middle. The wall’s exterior shows bricks, an unique future in the Stockholm’s underground. While the walls by the two tracks represent the artistic decorations made here.
Margareta Carlstedt is the artist who painted these walls. Her work is called “Ebb and Flow” and consists of two 145 meters enamel paintings along the two tracks. She even won a prize in the 1960’s for her project.
Keep up with our stoRy by following our blog every Sunday, here. Also, like the project’s Facebook page for more information regarding the Stockholm’s underground. Watch our social media profiles for a coming contest in December!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View