StockholmSubwaystoRy #72 – Ropsten21.05.2017
Half of days in May are behind us know. And while waiting for the 2017 Europa League final to take place next week, we are presenting you the next station in our stoRy. Today, we are talking about Ropsten. Here we go!
Today’s station is located in the district with the same name. It was opened in September 1967 and nowadays is the end station of the T13 red line in the subway system of the Swedish capital. On the day when the station was inaugurated by the King Gustaf VI Adolf, just one day before Sweden switched its traffic to right-hand.
The station is at circa 15 meters above the street level. This station is also connected to the Lidingöbanan tramway. Also, there is an important bus terminal for the whole south-eastern Stockholm area, just below the station. Before Ropsten, southbound, comes Gärdet. Together with the busy bus terminal and the tram service, Ropsten gathers around 20.000 people on every working day.
The artistic decorations here were done by Roland Kämpe and Matts Jungstedt. Kämpe designed in 1971 the hallway towards Hjorthagen and the drawing of the worm within the station. On the other hand, Jungstedt created the forged gate at one of the exits in 1980.
Do you like what you read? Then follow our updates on the project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog every Sunday for a new post regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago