StockholmSubwaystoRy #76 – Extra: Stockholm Odenplan03.09.2017
Hello again, dear followers! We are back again and our saga continues with yet another story. For today’s entry we have been seeing the newest station in town and we are ready to tell you more about it! So, let’s see what Stockholm Odenplan is all about.
Recently, we wrote about the opening of the new train service in town, the Stockholm City Line. The new line goes underneath the central part of the city, connecting the southern and the northern part of the Swedish capital, making the traffic in the central part of the city less crowded. A detailed map of the new structure of Stockholm Central here. The project was developed by the Swedish Transport Administration, the City of Stockholm, the Stockholm County Council and the Stockholm Transport (SL)
One of the new stations operating for this service is Stockholm Odenplan, our main subject of today’s entry. The new Stockholm Odenplan is technically part of the commuter rail system (pendeltåg) in Stockholm. It was built under the existing subway station and was opened in July this year.
Stockholm Odenplan is connected to the existing subway station Odenplan and it’s 30 meters below the ground. There is one large platform and two tracks along side it, protected by a wall. So the doors are opening only when the train is fully stopped. A new concept in Stockholm. The artistic decorations here are the newest in the whole transport system and were made by: Thomas Bernstrand, Jessica Fais, Anders Kapple, Sunniva McAlindein, Mari Rantanens Oden and David Svensson.
The original subway station serves the green line and it was built in 1952. But more about the original station will come in a future post.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago