StockholmSubwaystoRy #79 – Enskede gård24.09.2017
Sunday is here again and that means there is time for a new entry in our Stockholm Subway stoRy! This time we are going to show you Enskede gård, so let’s get to it!
Today’s station is located in the southern part of the Swedish capital, in the area with the same name. It was opened in September 1951, but already from 1930 there was a tram station nearby.
Within the station there is one open platfrom, which has two tracks alongside it and one ticket hall at its northern end. The neighboring stations are Globen northbound and Sockenplan southerbound.
The artistic instalation here was put in place in 2012. The artist is Maria Miesenberger and her aluminium statues give a more dynamic feeling to the station.
Enskede gård severs nowadays the green line in the subway system, which connects the southern part of Stockholm to its north-western part. Even so, it’s not one of the busy stations in the city; only about 1.500 pass bay on a regular day. So maybe this is one of the resons why in the near future the station is expected to be shut down together with other stations in the area, like Globen, as part of the new allocations in the subway system.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago