StockholmSubwaystoRy #82 – Telefonplan15.10.2017
Hej, hej and welcome everyone to the 82nd part of our Stockholm Subway StoRy. As autumn settles in the Swedish capital, we are continuing our saga with a station from the southern part of the city – Telefonplan.
Today’s station is situated in the neighboorhood called Hägersten. The station was opened in April 1964 and it’s name comes from a small square nearby, a reference to the on-site former headquarters of the Swedish company Ericsson.
The station itself has one entrance. It’s an outdoor station with one large platform. On a regular day, almost 11.000 people are using the subway services. The nearby stations are Hägerstensåsen to the south and Midsommarkransen to the north.
The artistic decorations here are represented by wall decorations made by Bo Samuelsson in 1997. Since 2003 the area is not hosting the headquarters of Ericsson, which has moved to Kista, in the northern part of the city. Nevertheless, nowadays Telefonplan is subject to future redevelopment projects. Fun fact: if you download this app: Andriod / iOS; during the night you can control de colors of the Telefonplan tower. Pretty cool, right?
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View