StockholmSubwaystoRy #83 – Zinkensdamm05.11.2017
Hello everyone and welcome back to our saga! Today, we are continuing our adventure with Zinkensdamm, the 83rd entry in the Stockholm Subway stoRy.
The station we are presenting you today was opened in April 1964 and is located in Södermalm, in the southern part of the Swedish capital. The station gets its name from the area within Södermalm. Nearby one can find the Zinkensdamms IP arena or the Tantolunden park.
Zinkensdamm is about 19 meters underground, below Ringvägen. This underground station has one entrance and one ticket hall. Maybe this also shows that is not necessarily one of the busy transport hubs in town, with only around 6.500 people passing by here on a regular day.
On the other hand, the station serves the red lines T13 and T14 in the subway network, the lines connecting the south-western part of the city with its north-eastern one. Towards the northern end comes Mariatorget, while southbound follows Hornstull.
Here we were fascinated by its intriguing ceramic tiles. They were designed by Göran T Karlsson and John Stenborg in 1991 and 2003. Otherwise, here, amongst advertising, artistic work is temporary presented. This happened since 1998. So enjoy the art while using the metro!
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour private
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago