StockholmSubwaystoRy #89 – Johannelund18.02.2018
Hello everyone! Are you ready for another glimpse at the Stockholm Subway StoRy? Today we are going to tell you about Johannelund – a unique station! Let’s go!
Johannelund it’s an open-air station located in Vinsta, in the western part of the Swedish capital. It was opened on the 1st of November in 1956 and its name comes from the former industrial park who used to be nearby.
Nowadays it serves the green T19 line in the Stockholm subway system and its neighboring stations are Hässelby gård and Vällingby. It has two platforms and two tracks next to each one of them.
What is unique about this station? Did you know that the station was opened only during weekdays until late 1997? And even today this is the least used station in the whole subway network, with a bit more than 1.500 people passing by here on a regular workday.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View