StockholmSubwaystoRy #91 – Blackeberg04.03.2018
Hello, everyone! And welcome to our fist Stockholm Subway StoRy from March. While enjoying this winter wonderland, we are going to pay a visit to Blackeberg, in the western part of the city.
The station we are showing you today is located in the Stockholm district with the same name in Västerort. It was opened in October 1952 and nowadays the station is used by the green T19 line in the Stockholm subway network.
Blackeberg is almost 15 km away from Slussen in the central part of the city and here exists the only tunnel in the subway network outside inner Stockholm. The neighboring stations are: Råcksta to the west and Islandstorget to the east.
The station was designed by Peter Celsing. His vision allows here two thirds of the platform to be in the open-air, while the tunnel end of the station is under the only ticket hall at this stop. The artistic decorations in the covered part of the stations were made by Ruben Heleander.
The Blackeberg area is mostly residential, so there are also bus connections nearby and only around 4.500 people are using the subway on daily basis.
Want to see more of Stockholm’s beautifully designed stations? keep an eye on your project’s Facebook page (Stockholm Subway StoRy) and check out our blog for new posts regarding the Stockholm subway. Be a part of the StoRy!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View